Volunteer 4 Africa Terms and Conditions of Use
Thank you for selecting www.Volunteer4Africa.org (referred to as “Site”, “Volunteer 4 Africa”, "we", "our", or "us"). Please read these Terms and Conditions of Use ("Terms") carefully. The Terms are a legal agreement between you and us in relation to your use of the Site and all associated services (the “Agreement”).
2. Use Constitutes Acceptance
By accessing the Site, linking to the Site, or using any of our services you agree to these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not use the Site or services and should leave this Site immediately.
4. Our Relationship with You
Volunteer 4 Africa provides an interactive communications platform that encourages people to support the work of voluntary organizations by direct participation or providing aid in the form of equipment and supplies. We help organizations and prospective volunteers to connect and communicate in relation to volunteer opportunities, internships and projects. We are an independent contractor for all purposes, and are not your agent or trustee. We do not have control of, or liability for, any projects or information exchanged between users of Volunteer 4 Africa. We do not guarantee the identity of any Volunteer 4 Africa user or ensure the accuracy of any project or associated information exchanged through Volunteer 4 Africa. Our role is STRICTLY LIMITED to that of a third party facilitator and information exchange. We support our services with limited advertising and commercial affiliations and are NOT to be considered a seller of any goods or services on the Site unless expressly stated otherwise by us and we do not endorse, promote or represent the truthfulness or accuracy of any statement made on Volunteer 4 Africa by any third party. We do not directly place any volunteers with any projects. If you pursue any volunteer opportunity or internship you find on Volunteer 4 Africa you will responsible for your medial, vaccination, travel and financial arrangements and we do not provide any services or accept any liability in relation to these.
5. Responsibility for Minors
In cases where you have authorized a minor (someone under 18 years of age) to use the Site or Services, you acknowledge and agree that you are fully responsible for: (i) the online conduct of such minor; (ii) controlling the minor's access to and use of the Site or Services; and (iii) the consequences of any misuse by the minor.
6. Account Registration
7. Electronic Communications and Notices
You consent to receive notices and information from us in respect of our Site and Services by electronic communication. You may withdraw this consent at any time. (Please keep in mind we may not be able to continue service to you if we cannot communicate with you electronically.) We may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to these terms by email, paper mail, publication on our Site, by SMS, or in any other way recognised by law. You may contact us through our Contact Us web form. You acknowledge and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
9. Changes to this Site
We may discontinue or change any Volunteer 4 Africa Site content, service, function or feature at any time with or without notice.
10. Personal Information and Privacy
11. Disclaimer of User Content
Volunteer 4 Africa is not responsible for and assumes no liability for any reviews, blog posts or other content posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage that arises from such content, nor is Volunteer 4 Africa liable for any errors, misrepresentations, mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter. As the provider of this interactive platform, we are not liable for any data, information, claims, promises, representations or any other content provided by Volunteer 4 Africa account holders or other third parties.
12. Third Parties
You agree that your dealings with third parties found on or through the Site, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the third party, and you agree not to hold Volunteer 4 Africa liable for any disputes you may have with any such third party.
13.1 Links from this Site: This Site provides, and third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. As we have no control over such websites and resources you agree that links to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience and we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources and are not liable for the content found at such websites or resources. If you decide to access any third party websites linked to this Site you do so entirely at your own risk.
13.2 Linking to this Site: If you would like to link to this Site you must comply with the following:
- You do not have permission to use or incorporate any of our Site content and must not in-line, frame, or create any browser or border environments around our content.
- Do not link to us in any way which suggests we have any relationship or affiliation with your site or endorse your site, products or services.
- Do not present any misleading or false information about us or our products or services.
- Do not use any of our logos, designs, slogans, trademarks, service marks, or any other words, or metatag data or other location information tools used to identify and select sites without first obtaining our express prior written permission.
- We do not allow any linking to sites that contain any distasteful, offensive or controversial content, or content that can be construed as such.
- Unauthorized links to our Site, or the framing of any content or information contained on our Site, or any portion of our Site is strictly prohibited unless you have obtained our prior express written permission.
- Do not archive, cache, or mirror any of our pages or any portion of our pages. We reserve the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames, and hereby disclaim all liability for any material on any third party sites that may contain links to this Site.
- In order to repurpose, reprint, frame, or redistribute any content from this Site, you must first request our express written permission by contacting us via the Contact section of the Site with the following information: your name; e-mail address; telephone number; company name; URL where requested use will occur; and details specifying the proposed linking or framing, including the content of our Site you would like to use.
14. Advertising and Affiliate Disclosure
Volunteer 4 Africa may display paid advertising such as Google AdSense on the Site and we may also enter into affiliate relationships with third party commercial partners. In such circumstances we may get paid if you click on ads or links or be paid a commission if you purchase products or services. We wish to be transparent in our dealings with you and hereby disclose the incorporation of paid advertising and compensated affiliate promotions on this Site.
15. Copyright, Ownership and Intellectual Property
15.1 You Gain No Ownership: No intellectual property ownership rights transfer from you to us or us to you, as a result of this Agreement. The Volunteer 4 Africa domain name, logo and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, sound files, other files and the selection and arrangement thereof are the proprietary property of Volunteer 4 Africa or its licensors and are protected by English and international copyright laws. You may not reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Site without prior written permission from Volunteer 4 Africa.
15.2 License to Host Your Content: In these Terms, "your content" means all works and materials (including but not limited to data, text, photographs, images, illustrations, documents, graphics, audio material, video material, audio-visual material and files) that you submit to the Site. You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to store your content on and in relation to our Site and Services and any successor websites or services. Without prejudice to our other rights under this Agreement, if you breach this Agreement in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached this Agreement in any way, we may delete, un-publish or edit any or all of your content.
15.3 No Infringement of Third Party Rights: You warrant and represent that your content will not infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right and you possess all sufficient permissions, rights and/or licenses to provide or upload all and any content shared by you on or through the Site or Services. You agree and acknowledge you must not infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right of any third party through your use of the Site and Services and must only share content when you possess all sufficient permissions, rights and/or licenses to provide or upload all and any content shared by you on or through the Site. Further, in the event of you infringing the intellectual property rights of any third party through your use of the Site or Services, it is you and not Volunteer 4 Africa that will be liable.
15.4 Copyright Infringing Content: The Site is protected by international safe-harbour provisions for online service providers and follows international best practice such as the principles of the EU Directive on Electronic Commerce and the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). We will act expeditiously to remove content as soon as we have actual knowledge that it infringes copyright. If you believe there is copyright infringing material on the Site, please report it using our Contact Us web form with the following information:
- The name and address of the complaining party
- A description of the infringing materials and their Internet location, usually the URL
- Sufficient information to identify the copyrighted works
- A statement by the owner that it has a good faith belief that there is no legal basis for the use of the materials complained of
- A statement of the accuracy of the notice and, under penalty of perjury, a statement that the complaining party is the owner or authorized to act on the behalf of the owner.
16. License to Use Our Services
- You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion, corruption or failure to store any content maintained or transmitted on or by the Site.
- You acknowledge that the features and services provided by us may change at any time without prior notice to you.
- You acknowledge that we reserve the right to sign out, terminate or delete your membership at any time and for any reason at our sole discretion.
- Except as expressly permitted by these Terms, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on the Site.
- We reserve the right to restrict your access to the Site and/or Services at our sole discretion and you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any such access restrictions.
17. Account Security
17.1 Password: If you register for an account with us you may be required to use a password. You must keep your password confidential and you must notify us immediately if you become aware of any disclosure of your password. You are responsible for any activity on the Site arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any damages or losses arising out of such a failure. We are entitled to assume that anyone who accesses your account or service using your password does so by your authority.
17.2 Your Security Responsibilities: The security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed. We disclaim all liability for any interception or interruption of any Internet transmissions or any changes to or losses of data. You are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, account ID or username, or other form of authentication involved in obtaining secured access to our Site or Services. In order to protect you and your data, we may suspend your use, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected. You are solely responsible for determining whether the security provided by us and our suppliers is sufficient for your purposes. If you do not agree the security is sufficient, it is your responsibility to either implement your own additional security or not use the Site.
17.4 Access by Authorized User Only: Portions of the Site and Services may be restricted and/or are protected by password authentication. Such access and use is restricted strictly to authorized users. Any unauthorized access to such areas is strictly prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution.
18. Payments, Refunds and Cancellations
18.1 Third Party Terms and Fees: Fees may be processed by third payment processors such as PayPal. Your use of a third party payment processor such as PayPal is subject to any additional terms and conditions and fees imposed by such third party payment processor.
18.2 Records: We maintain records of your services, charges and payments and all such records are taken to be correct unless they are proven to be in error.
18.3 Fees: Details of our fees are as published on the Site and are subject to change without notice.
18.4 Refunds: In general all payments by you to us are final and are not refundable.
18.5 Cancellations: You may cancel your account at any time but we do not provide any refunds in relation to cancellations.
18.6 Reserved Rights: Volunteer 4 Africa reserves the right to cancel any membership at any time and without refund if these terms are contravened or members do not use the site in the spirit it was created. This means you cannot use our site to spam or promote any other site in any way without our express prior written permission. Volunteer 4 Africa reserves the right, to be exercised at our sole discretion, to cancel or suspend any membership that is not being used by the original subscriber or is, in our opinion, being misused. Any such cancellation shall be without refund. Accounts are non-transferable.
19. Prohibited Use
You must not:
- Use our Site or Services in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the Site/Services or impair the performance, availability or accessibility of the Site/Services
- Use our Site or Services in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity
- Use our Site or Services to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, root kit or other malicious computer software
- Conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our Site or Services without our express written consent
- Access or otherwise interact with our Site or Services using any robot, spider or other automated means
- Use data collected from our Site or Services for any direct marketing activity, including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing.
20. Your Contents
20.1 Your Content: You grant us a perpetual, worldwide, fully transferable, sub-licensable, non-revocable, fully paid-up, royalty free license to use any content you provide to us in any way.
20.2 Blog: Your blog postings and submitted articles should be original to you and not otherwise published on the Internet. We reserve the right to edit or reject all and any content at our sole discretion. By providing any content to Volunteer 4 Africa, you warrant and represent that you either own or otherwise control all of the rights to that content, including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the content, or that your use of the content is a protected fair use. You agree that you will not knowingly and with intent to defraud provide material and misleading false information. You represent and warrant also that the content you supply does not violate these Terms, and that you will indemnify and hold Volunteer 4 Africa harmless for any and all claims resulting from any content you provide. You may not post or transmit any material that is unrelated to the Site’s subject matter, including spam and other commercial solicitations of goods and/or services.
20.3 Use of Your Feedback: You agree that we may use your feedback, suggestions, or ideas in any way, including in future modifications of the Site or Services, other products or services, advertising or marketing materials. You grant us a perpetual, worldwide, fully transferable, sub-licensable, non-revocable, fully paid-up, royalty free license to use the feedback or suggestions you provide to us in any way.
20.4 Prohibited Content: You may not use the Site or Services for any of the following purposes:
- Advertising or promoting any products, services, organizations or websites without our express permission.
- Disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material.
- Transmitting material that is or which encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any relevant laws, regulations or code of practice.
- Gaining unauthorised access to other computer systems.
- Interfering with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Site.
- Breaching any laws concerning the use of public telecommunications networks.
- Interfering or disrupting networks or websites connected to the Site.
- Making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- Engaging in technically harmful behaviour, which includes but is not limited to: computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data and other malicious software or harmful data.
20.5 Right to Remove: We reserve the right to refuse to post material on our Site or to remove material already posted on the Site.
21. Warranties and Disclaimers
You agree that your use of the site and services shall be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, all of Volunteer 4 Africa’s owners, officers, employees, and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with site and services and your use thereof.
We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the content or the content of any linked apps, sites or services and we assume no liability or responsibility for any:
- Infringement of any intellectual property rights by any volunteer 4 Africa user,
- Errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content,
- Personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the site/services,
- Any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein,
- Any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the site,
- Any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through our site/services by any third party, and/or
- Any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the site/services.
We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the site or services and we will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services. As with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate.
Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
22. Limitations of Liability
In no event will Volunteer 4 Africa or its officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, sponsors, successors or assigns be liable to any party for:
- Any indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages or any other damages arising in any way out of the availability, use, reliance on, or inability to use the site/services, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, and regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort or otherwise;
- Any claim attributable to errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in, or destructive properties of, the site/services;
- Personal injury or death caused by your use or misuse of the site/services;
- Statements or conduct of any third party on or via the site/services; or
- Unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions, personal information or data.
As some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, our liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
As set forth above, you agree that you are solely responsible for interactions with users, service providers and other third parties. You agree to release us from any and all claims or liability related to any interactions with a user, service provider or a third party and any action or inaction by a third party or a user or service provider.
Your sole and exclusive remedy for any cause or claim whatsoever relating to Volunteer 4 Africa shall be limited to you discontinuing your use of Volunteer 4 Africa.
23. Your Representations and Warranties
You represent and warrant to us that:
- This Agreement has been duly and validly executed and delivered by you and constitutes your legal, valid, and binding obligation, enforceable against you in accordance with its terms.
- You have the full right, power, and authority to enter into and be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement and to perform your obligations under this Agreement, without the approval or consent of any other party.
- You have sufficient right, title, and interest in and to the rights granted to us in this Agreement.
- All information you supply to us in connection with your use of our services is true and complete in all material respects and will be kept up to date if it changes.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Volunteer 4 Africa and its employees, representatives, agents, and affiliates, against any and all claims, suits, actions, or other proceedings brought against them based on or arising from any claim resulting from your breach of this Agreement, your violation of any law or third party right, any claim that use of our services has harmed a third party, your use of the Site, the Services or your data. You will pay any and all costs, damages, and expenses, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs awarded against or otherwise incurred by us in connection with or arising from any such claim, suit, action, or proceeding. Volunteer for Africa reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any claims. You agree to reasonably cooperate as requested by Volunteer 4 Africa in the defence of any claims.
We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of the Site or Services without notice. Upon such termination or suspension you will be denied access to any information or files you have stored on the Site.
26. Jurisdiction Limitations
As some jurisdictions do not allow some of the exclusions or limitations as established above, some of these exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. In that event, the liability will be limited as far as legally possible under the applicable legislation.
27. International Use
We make no representation that content on this Site is appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom. If you choose to access this Site from a location outside the UK you do so at your sole discretion and you are responsible for compliance with local laws. Further, access to, linking to and use of this Site are subject to all applicable international, national and local laws and regulations. You agree not to access, link to or use this Site in any way that violates such laws or regulations.
28. Events Beyond Our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under this Agreement that is caused by events outside our reasonable control or due to our compliance with any applicable laws or regulations.
29. No Affiliation
Volunteer 4 Africa is not affiliated with any of the organisations or projects on this Site. Prospective volunteers should practice due diligence before making any commitments or entering contracts based on information published on this Site.
30. General Provisions
30.1 Entire Agreement: This Agreement contains the entire understanding between you and us and supersedes all prior representations, agreements, statement and understandings, either verbal or in writing.
30.2 Governing Law: You agree that the laws of England govern these terms and conditions of use, its subject matter, your use of the Site, and any claim or dispute that you may have against us. You further agree that any disputes or claims that you may have against us will be resolved by the courts of England, and you agree and submit to the exercise of personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim or action.
30.3 Waiver: Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms is not a waiver of such right or provision.
30.4 Severability: If any provision is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties agree that the court must as far as possible give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in it, and these terms otherwise remain in full force and effect.
30.5 Compliance with Laws: In using the Services, you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations and, without limitation you must not use the Site or Services (or allow them to be used) in connection with or in furtherance of any fraudulent scheme or purpose.
30.6 Software Updates: In order to keep the Site and Services up-to-date, we may offer automatic or manual updates at any time and without notice to you.
30.7 Subcontracting and Outsourcing: We will solely determine how to operate our systems and provide Services. We may subcontract or outsource any function as we see fit.
30.8 Law Enforcement: You authorise us to provide any information or comply with any request in relation to you or your account that is requested by any government, court or law enforcement agency. We are not obliged to verify or validate the identity or authority of any such government, court or law enforcement agency if it appears to us, acting in good faith, to be legitimate.
Last update to the terms and conditions: 17 June 2019