We are seeking an enthusiastic, honest and reliable full-time Technical Advisor to support the WCF team in Zwedru. The selected applicant will be working closely with the WA BiCC Project Assistant and the Field Coordinator to ensure the successful implementation of various conservation projects in the area, including giving support and training for basic computer literacy, data management and analysis, report writing, GIS, SMART (Spatial Monitoring and Reporting Tool), the use and maintenance of technical equipment, as well as selected administrative tasks such as updating asset register and vehicle log books and basic IT-issues. The Technical Advisor will be based in Zwedru.
- Support the WCF team in Zwedru in ensuring successful implementation of work plans, data collection and management, as well as reporting and presentation of activities and results
- Support the WCF team in Zwedru in establishing new or in maintaining existing databases
- Train the WCF team and partners in GIS, SMART (Spatial Monitoring and Reporting Tool) and (statistical) data analysis, e.g. of biomonitoring data
- Support the maintenance of SMART data base and SMART reporting
- Support Monitoring & Evaluation activities (following specific project requirements)
- Develop skills and strengthen capacity of local team members to complete financial reports, activity reports and mission/budget planning
- Train local team members and conservation partners in basic computer literacy
- Support the administrative team in equipment inventory, maintenance and management
- Support the administrative team in monitoring vehicle movements by ensuring good maintenance of vehicle and motorbike logbooks
- Support the WCF team in Zwedru in smooth implementation of all project activities, following WCF procedures
- Conduct capacity assessment of local team and develop training plan for additional skills not covered yet in current capacity building plans
Qualifications / Experience:
- MSc in the following disciplines: biology, natural resource management, environmental sciences, forestry, or related fields
- Proven excellent knowledge of use of SMART conservation software and analysis of scientific data, preferably in biodiversity, knowledge in DISTANCE software
- Excellent GIS and mapping skills (ArcGIS, QGIS)
- Relevant experience in working with an NGO and local communities in the environmental, conservation or forestry sector
- Experience in designing and implementing capacity building programs
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent in written and spoken English
- Good computer skills with excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience with USAID and EU project procedures
- Basic knowledge in Monitoring & Evaluation
- Experience working in West Africa
- Basic knowledge in French
WCF is an equal opportunity employer and particularly encourages women to apply.
Zwedru is located in the South-East of Liberia. Accommodation for the successful applicant can be provided at the WCF office in Zwedru. The quality of life in the southeastern Liberia is impacted by bad road conditions, poor phone networks, as well as occasional power shortages.
Wild Chimpanzee Foundation (WCF)
31st August 2019
English (required), French (preferred)
Who can volunteer?
Adults of both sexes 18+
Free accommodation is provided. Salary (to be discussed is provided).
How to apply
Applications (CV and Cover letter with names of two references) should be sent electronically via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application Technical Advisor”.
Please mention volunteer4africa.org when responding to this ad.
There are no reviews to display.
No items have been added to the wishlist yet