South African Education Project (SAEP) is a registered non-profit based in Cape Town, South Africa.
Our Vision: A generation of of motivated South African youth, equipped with education and life skills to maximise their potential and contribute to society.
Our Mission: To prepare and motivate children and youth from under-resourced communities to thrive through education, life skills, and psycho-social support, through our 5 learning programmes.
Our 5 learning programmes are:
- Early Childhood Development - ECD centre development, capacitation, and sustainability. Impacts young children from 0-5 years of age.
- Siyakhathala Primary programme - Foundation phase reading literacy, and critical thinking in home language isiXhosa, transitioning to English language. Impacts grades 3 and 4 learners.
- Hope Scholars Programme - Extended and experiential learning through camps and environmental education & awareness. Impacts grades 8 and 9.
- Bridging Year programme - Tertiary education preparedness, 21st century skills, critical thinking, career advisement, and life orientation. Impacts post-matric (secondary) students.
- Tertiary Support programme - Tertiary level retention, job preparedness, career mentoring, financial planning and independence. Impacts around 70-80 beneficiaries who are enrolled in the programme.
The South African Education and Environment Project (SAEP)
Mowbray, Western Cape, South Africa
Coordinator for Volunteer Programme
Who can volunteer?
Adults of both sexes 18+
6 months minimum
There is no cost to participate, but volunteers must cover their own living expenses. SAEP can provide advice in finding nearby accommodation, but volunteers and interns must negotiate directly with such facilities. Volunteer must also adhere to our various policies and procedures but especially our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct, and our Volunteer Indemnity Policy.
All volunteers must have adequate health insurance before they travel and inform SAEP of the details of this cover before they arrive.
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your detailed CV, motivation letter, and stating a specific programme or department you are interested in working with. Approval is subject to need and where the management considers your application best suited to.
Please mention volunteer4africa.org when responding to this ad.
There are no reviews to display.
- Contact us for updated details