Trade Aid is a UK registered charity which works with and supports Trade Aid Tanzania, a Tanzanian non profit-making Trust. It is a partnership between the national, regional and local government of Tanzania, the community of Mikindani and Trade Aid. The focus of Trade Aid's work is the town of Mikindani, situated in the southern region of Mtwara - the poorest in Tanzania. Poverty in Mikindani is endemic. There are very few jobs, no social security system and limited medicines. One out of every five children will not live to see their fifth birthday. The accountant vacancy is an ideal opportunity if recently retired or looking for a ‘gap' in a conventional career.
- Overall day to day monitoring of the financial aspects of Trade Aid's work in Tanzania
- Overall management of the Hotel financial procedures
- Development and provision of accountancy and business training for staff
- Management of all accounting staff in Mikindani in regard to the production and maintenance of accurate and timely records
- Preparation of management accounts and other financial records
- Internally audit and liaise with external auditors
- Support the Project Manager and other members of the management team
- Any other duties reasonably assigned by the Project Coordinator
- Advise the Trustees on all aspects of the charity's financial activities
- Ensure that all financial activities comply with all local law, taxation, licensing and reporting requirements
- Prepare suitable accounts for external auditors
- Check the financial records of the charity ensuring that they are accurate, timely and meet the legal responsibilities of the charity
- Monitor and support all accounting staff including the development of training and support plans. Assist in providing regular appraisals
- Oversee all income and expenditure in each area of activity
- Attend meetings with other managers and advise on the financial situation. Support them in the proper financial control and reporting of their departments
- Prepare monthly management accounts including P & L, balance sheet, and cash flow forecasts as appropriate, for each area of activity
- Support the Trustees in UK in the preparation of annual budgets
- Visit Dar es Salaam to liaise with our auditors and Government Departments as appropriate.
Micro Finance Trade Aid has developed its own small micro finance facility for the town of Mikindani.
The Finance Manager will:
- Supervise the micro credit project, specifically the review of loan applications and management of the outstanding debt
- Develop enterprise concepts and encourage local individuals and groups to develop concepts into working enterprises
- Evaluate loan applications and on-going performance of client businesses
- Monitor and advise on business performance, liaise with local businesses and training establishments to develop and promote ideas that might generate business opportunities, liaise with other micro finance projects operating in the area.
Mikindani, Mtwara Region, Southern Tanzania
Starting as soon as possible (January 2020)
1st January 2020
English (mother tongue)
Who can volunteer?
Mature adults of both sexes with good qualifications and previous work experience
Although a voluntary position, travel, accommodation and a monthly allowance of £200 are provided.
All applicants will be required to attend interview in the United Kingdom.
How to apply
Please send cover letter and CV via email.
Please mention volunteer4africa.org when responding to this ad.
There are no reviews to display.
- General small kitchen items and utensils
- Mobile presentation projector
- Football kit
- memory sticks